Patients and students
who come to the UNMC College of Dentistry encounter a modern, aesthetically pleasing, comfortable environment thanks to $8.9 million in renovations.
Making an impact
on the oral health of Nebraskans through quality patient care.
The latest technology and advances in dentistry
are at the heart of dental education at the UNMC College of Dentistry.
Today's students, tomorrow's professionals
Dental students and dental hygiene students are making a difference in oral health care across the state.
The College of Dentistry is known for its extraordinary education, scientific discovery and clinical care — resulting in improved oral health for people of all ages.
Continuing Education programs, available to practicing dentists, are offered through the UNMC's College of Dentistry and present updates on the newest techniques and latest research. In addition to continuing education, the College of Dentistry supports dental professionals with:
- pathology and biomonitoring services
- research results on a wide variety of dental topics, and
- teledentistry services
- Paul Johnson, D4 Student, Wins ADA Competition
- Student Spotlight: Meet Rafaila Ramirez
- Register now for the upcoming 2014 Weeth Lecture featuring Dr. Van Haywood, of Augusta, Georgia, an international expert on the art and science of tooth bleaching.
- Work Worth Doing: A Sustained Commitment to Service
- Johnson Receives Phase III CoBRE Renewal
- College Participates In Sealant Program in Burwell
- Larson Fellowship: Well-Deserved Recognition for Paul Hansen, Teacher and Clinician
COD Rises in NIH Rankings
The UNMC College of Dentistry was ranked 26th in National Institutes of Health (NIH) funding for federal fiscal year (FY) 2012 (which ended September 30, 2012), the most recent rankings available.
The College’s NIH ranking represents an improvement over FY 2011 when the COD was ranking 30th. The COD now has been ranked in the top 30 in NIH support to U.S. dental schools for twelve consecutive years, after having been ranked in the top 30 only once previously (FY 1979). In addition, the COD was ranked 17th in NIH funding per faculty FTE, the tenth consecutive year that the COD has been ranked in the top 20 in NIH support per FTE.
Learn more about the services of the College of Dentistry on Moms Everyday, a Web site with features to educate parents and support good oral health for all family members.
Impressions: read our newest issue