In advancement of knowledge, in service to health, in care for people, there is but one standard here: constant, uncompromising excellence.
Join a culture of nursing leadership that fosters personal, professional and scholarly growth in an exceptional learning environment within a world-class health science center. This is a pivotal era for nursing — an exciting time filled with open doors.
- A nationwide nursing shortage means nurses are needed now more than ever and with increasing demand resulting from healthcare reform, the deficit won’t end soon.
- Health care reform has cast a bright spotlight on fundamentals — health promotion, illness prevention, wider access to basic care, care coordination, and more affordable costs — all of which describe the core mission of nurses since Florence Nightingale, the founder of modern nursing.
- Wide commitment to elevating care quality, patient safety and evidence-based practice creates new opportunities for nurses to contribute to population health.
Come learn with us, work with us and become an alumnus of a top-tier College of Nursing pledged to making a measurable difference in people’s health.
Please consider this your open invitation to call or visit to learn more about how we can help you meet your learning and career goals in nursing.
Juliann G. Sebastian, PhD, RN, FAAN Dean and Professor
|P.S.||You’ll learn more about the UNMC College of Nursing on this webpage. Here’s my preview:|
- The College of Nursing is the largest and most far-reaching of UNMC’s six health colleges.
- We rank in the top tier of U.S. nursing schools.
- We have major presence and impact in all areas of Nebraska — and we influence the practice of nursing nationwide.
- We’re a leader in advanced, student-centered learning technologies.
- Despite a difficult economy, thanks to abundant donor vision and generosity, we’re solving the nursing shortage with a building boom unrivalled in the College’s nine-decade history.