We are excited you've decided to start your career at UNMC. This website provides you with information and resources to help you be successful at the university.
WE ARE NEBRASKA MEDICINE & UNMC
Our mission is to lead the world in transforming lives to create a healthy future for all individuals and communities through premier educational programs, innovative research and extraordinary patient care.
We are excited you've decided to join UNMC and look forward to seeing you on your start date. We've outlined some required and recommended steps to help you prepare for your first day at work:
- Offer letter should be received by the department before your first day, and additional new hire paperwork should be started
- Background check should be completed
- Pre-employment physical, if applicable
You will spend your first day as an employee of UNMC with your department manager and will be introduced to a buddy to ensure you have a smooth transition into your new role.
- Complete New Hire Form (may be completed before first day)
- Pick up a parking permit
- New Hire Orientation schedule
- Fill out your I-9 and W-4
- Request direct deposit
- Get your ID badge at the Student Life Center (ID badge needs to be done within 24 hours. No fee for new or replacement if the old badge is returned; $15 fee to replace a lost badge.)
- Receive your department keys, if applicable
- Tour your department
- Receive telephone information
- Receive access to your computer (password, email, shared drives and department workstation support)
- Receive other equipment, if applicable
- Travel information, if applicable
- Attendance (work schedule, attendance expectations, requesting time off / absences, overtime, time sheet procedure)
We hope your first day was a great start to a new beginning with UNMC. Here are some items to complete after your first day.