Registration is still open for Winter Leagues!
2019-20 Winter Leagues
Interested participants have through Monday, December 1, 2019 or until the leagues reach capacity to register for Winter 2019-20 Leagues.
2019-20 Winter Intramural Leagues
|League||Game Start Times|
|Broomball (Mon EARLY)||5:00|5:30|6:00 PM|
|Broomball (Mon LATE)||6:30|7:00|7:30 PM|
|Broomball (Tue EARLY)||5:00|5:30|6:00 PM|
|Broomball (Tue LATE)||6:30|7:00|7:30 PM|
|Curling (Wed 5 PM)||5:00|5:30 PM|
|Curling (Wed 6 PM)||6:00|6:30 PM|
|Curling (Wed LATE)||7:00|7:30|8:00|8:30 PM|
|Curling (Thu 5 PM)||5:00|5:30 PM|
|Curling (Thu 6 PM)||6:00|6:30 PM|
|Curling (Thu LATE)||7:00|7:30|8:00|8:30 PM|
Curling & Broomball League Information
- $30.00 per team
- All equipment provided!
- No experience necessary!
- Games last 30 minutes, played once/week
- No skates! We play in regular shoes
- No games over the holidays! 3-week break from Dec 16 – Jan 5
- Leagues meet 5 to 6 weeks
Winter Outdoor Season
The Winter 2019-2020 season will be played during the first 2 weeks of December and the last 4 weeks of January. The Winter season will conclude by Thursday, January 30, with the ice rink itself will close after Sunday, February 2, 2020.
All Curling and Broomball leagues will run for 6 weeks. Play begins the week of December 1 and continues the week of December 8. Following the second week of play, there is a 3-week Holiday Break beginning the week of December 15. During this break, there will be NO GAMES, and the ice rink will be available for open skating. Leagues will resume the week of January 5 for the third week of play, and will continue through the rest of January.
The first 4 weeks of the Curling and Broomball leagues will be the regular season phase. Teams will all play each other to determine seeding for the postseason playoff tournament which will take place during the final 2 weeks of the season. This tournament will be single-elimination, and the winners of each tournament are awarded the Winter Intramural Championship T-Shirts and bragging rights for the year.
Registration Fee: $30 per Team
- The registration fee covers all costs associated with the league, including facility access for league participants and spectators for the purposes of scheduled league games. Participants do not need to have a membership to the Center for Healthy Living in order to participate in intramural leagues.
- The registration fee must be paid in full at the front desk of the Center for Healthy Living (CFHL) by the registration deadline in order for registration to be considered complete.
Registration Deadline: Sunday, December 1, 2019
Schedules, Standings, & Results
Our league specific pages will keep you updated on schedules or standings. Click on the links below to read about the leagues, and we'll see you on the ice!
Weekly Game TimesEarly/Middle/Late Leagues
To make the league commitment more convenient for teams, the Curling & Broomball leagues will be split into separate divisions based on the times that games begin. All games during the course of the season & the playoffs will be played during the time frames specified below.
- Early Broomball: Games in divisions labeled "Early" will be played from 5:00 - 6:30 PM. Individual games will begin at 5:00, 5:30, and 6:00 PM.
- Late Broomball: Games in divisions labeled "Late" will be played from 6:30 - 8:00 PM. Individual games will begin at 6:30, 7:00, and 7:30 PM.
Games in the Curling league will be divided by hour time frames with games being played on the hour and half-hour mark.
- 5 PM: Games will begin at 5:00 & 5:30 PM and will be played for 30 minutes. Games will not extend beyond their allotted time frame.
- 6 PM: Games will begin at 6:00 & 6:30 PM and will be played for 30 minutes. Games will not extend beyond their allotted time frame
- Late Curling: Games in the division labeled "Late" will be played from 7 - 9 pm. Individual games will begin at 7:00, 7:30, 8:00, and 8:30 PM.
Refunds for intramural activities are available no later than one week (7 calendar days) before the first scheduled date of play.
No refunds will be given after that point.
For More Information:
Check out the Intramural FAQ page, contact the Campus Recreation Coordinator by email (email@example.com), or call us at 402-559-5254 to speak to someone at the front desk of the Center for Healthy Living.