Intramural Pickleball is played during the spring and fall intramural seasons at the Center for Healthy Living (CFHL) gymnasium at UNMC.
In addition to the spring and fall seasons, Campus Recreation is working to add Outdoor Intramural Pickleball for the first time during the Summer 2019 season.
No membership required! League participants are granted gym access for league games even without a gym membership.
Competition is offered at 2 levels:
- Division 1 - This division is the most competitive of the two. Teams that elect to play in the first division should have members that are experienced and expect to compete a higher level.
- Division 2 - Although it is still competitive, the second division is less competitive than the first. Teams that elect to play in the second division are, in general, more interested in playing in the league for recreational purposes. In past seasons, a number of participants had never played prior to the first game of the season.
- Oct 10 - Nov 14 (6 weeks)
- Wednesdays | 5:00 - 8:00 pm (teams scheduled for one or two 30-minute games/week)
- @Center for Healthy Living (CFHL) gymnasium (no membership required)
- Teams of 2+ players (substitutes are allowed)
- May be co-rec (no gender-based restrictions/divisions)
- Registration Deadline: extended to October 9!
A fascinating blend of Tennis and Ping Pong, Pickleball is the best sport you've never played. Pickleball matches are contested by teams of 2 players using a paddle and a wiffle ball on a badminton court. Pickleball is easy for beginners to learn, with many first-time players discovering they are naturals. Yet, with it's high ceiling for mastery, Pickleball matches can quickly become fast-paced and competitive allowing more experienced players ample challenge.
Intramural Pickleball at UNMC is played at the Center for Healthy Living (CFHL) gymnasium. Access to the gym is granted to league participants without a membership. Equipment will be provided by the Center for Healthy Living, although participants are welcome to use their own equipment if they would like. The season will be composed of 7 weeks of round-robin play followed by a post-season playoff tournament. The winner of the playoff tournament will be awarded the Fall 2018 Championship T-Shirt.
Never Played? No Problem!
Players of all skill levels are welcome. Each season sees its share of beginners with little or no prior experience. The video below gives a brief overview of the essential rules of the game.
How to sign up
To secure your team's spot in the league, you must register online through EZLeagues.
- You may start by clicking here and selecting the option that reads "Register Online" for the league you'd like to join.
- Next, select the option that reads "I am registering a new Team" and complete the necessary fields before submitting registration.
- You may then instruct your partner to join your team by selecting the option that reads "I am registering for a Team".
- Pay the $10 registration fee. Your registration is not complete until you pay the front desk of the Center for Healthy Living.
If you encounter any issues, please direct any questions to the Campus Recreation Coordinator (email@example.com) or to the Center for Healthy Living front desk at 402-559-5254.
Who may sign up?
Registration for Intramural Pickleball is open to UNMC/Nebraska Medicine staff, faculty, students volunteers, retirees, and the spouse/parents/children (aged 18 or older) of someone who belongs to any of the previously mentioned groups.
In addition, individuals who don't belong to any of the previously mentioned groups may participate. The number of non-UNMC/Nebraska Medicine individuals allowed on a team is subject to sport-specific limitations. In this case, Pickleball teams must always have one UNMC/Nebraska Medicine individual (although that person may have more than 1 non-UNMC/Nebraska Medicine individual as a partner).