This is the event page for the UNMC Intercampus World Cup
The UNMC Intercampus World Cup is an Intramural soccer tournament held on Tuesdays & Thursdays beginning Tuesday, June 19, 2018. Teams from UNMC and UNO will compete for fun and glory in a tournament celebrating the 2018 World Cup taking place in Russia this summer. Games will be played 5v5 (4 field players + 1 goalkeeper) with 18-minute halves at Duchesne Academy on a reduced-size, natural grass soccer field.
This will be an open Co-Rec tournament, meaning that there are no roster or rule restrictions based on player gender. Each team will be required to submit a roster with a maximum of 9 players. The tournament format will resemble the format of the World Cup, with teams competing in a group stage (minimum 2 games guaranteed) for placement into the single-elimination knockout round.
In addition to glory and bragging rights, all of the players on the winning team will be awarded the Summer 2018 UNMC Intramural Championship T-Shirt.
- Deadline to Register: June 12 (11:59pm)
- Tuesdays & Thursdays | 5 - 9:00pm
- Location: Duchesne Academy of the Sacred Heart (natural grass field) 3601 Burt St, Omaha, NE 68131
- Format: Group stage followed by single-elimination knockout round | 2 games guaranteed
- Registration fee: $10/person
- Each player must pay the registration fee at the front desk of the Center for Healthy Living (cash, credit, personal check) OR at the field prior to their first game (cash or check)
How to Sign Up
Create a Team
A team captain must first sign up online through EZLeagues (click here)
- fill out a roster form (available here)
- save all changes
- submit the roster form to the intramural coordinator by email (firstname.lastname@example.org) or deliver it to the front desk of the Center for Healthy Living
If you don't have a team
Individuals without a team must sign up through EZLeagues. Once registered, an individual may a) choose to be added to team in need of players OR b) form a new team with other individuals unattached to a team.
If you encounter any issues, please direct any questions to the Intramural Coordinator (email@example.com) or to the Center for Healthy Living front desk (402-559-5254).
Who May Sign Up?
- UNMC/Nebraska Medicine/UNO employees, students, retirees, and the parent/child/spouse of anyone belonging to the previously mentioned groups
- In addition, each team may have a maximum of 3 participants who do not belong to any of the previously mentioned groups
If you have any questions or encounter any issues, please email the tournament director (firstname.lastname@example.org).