The UNMC Center for Continuing Education will resume limited in-person classes beginning Wednesday, July 1. Registration for upcoming classes will open June 15.
Following UNMC guidelines, all students, instructors, and staff will be asked to:
- Self-screen prior to coming in, ideally using the 1-Check COVID mobile app that can evaluate risk and give advice as to what to do based on risk
- Socially distance and wear a face covering (cloth or surgical) while on campus. Students are required to bring own face covering in order to be admitted to class
- Ensure strict, effective and frequent hand hygiene
If you had previously registered for an in-person class, we will contact you via email to provide you with a class schedule to choose from.
If you need to reach us, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The UNMC Center for Continuing Education is a recognized American Heart Association (AHA) Training Center. Our educational activities are taught by expert field providers and clinicians using advanced simulation equipment. We offer classes regularly in:
- Family and Friends CPR
- Basic Life Support (BLS)
- Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS)
- Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS)
- AHA Instructor Course
Too busy to attend a classroom course?
Can't find a live class that will work with your busy schedule?
We can help! Learn more
Do you need individualized or customized group training?
We can do it for you! We accept requests for special classes in BLS, ACLS, and PALS. We have instructors all over the state who can provide training at your location. Send us an email.
The American Heart Association strongly promotes knowledge and proficiency in BLS, ACLS and PALS and has developed instructional materials for this purpose. Use of these materials in an educational course does not represent course sponsorship by the American Heart Association. Any fees charged for such a course, except for a portion of fees needed for AHA course materials, do not represent income to the Association.