Continuing Education at UNMC
Continuing education across the University of Nebraska Medical Center is focused on relevant, effective instruction that supports U.S. health care quality improvement.
The mission of the UNMC Continuing Education Programs is to provide specialized and interprofessional educational activities and support innovative research that facilitate individual skills and team-based performance that improves outcomes for patients and communities.
UNMC’s continuing education efforts aim to enhance the knowledge, skills, attitudes, competence and performance of health care professionals, ultimately improving patient outcomes and community health.
UNMC College of Medicine Mission Statement
The mission of the College of Medicine at the University of Nebraska Medical Center is to promote and improve the health of the citizens of Nebraska by advancing health and biomedical sciences through the highest quality education, patient care, research excellence and community service. We will pursue innovation and national and international leadership by:
- Preparing health sciences professionals for practicing tomorrow’s medicine and encouraging them to practice in Nebraska, including underserved communities.
- Targeting efforts in health and biomedical sciences research to support our strengths and our mission and to respond to the needs of the citizens of the state of Nebraska.
- Integrating education and research to foster cost effective health care and outreach programs.
- Providing equal opportunities for our students, faculty, staff and patients to achieve their full potential.
- Maintaining a distinguished faculty and providing resources to assure excellence in education, patient care and research programs.
UNMC CCE Mission Statement
The mission of the University of Nebraska Medical Center, Center for Continuing Education is to support the continuing professional development of healthcare professionals within Nebraska, the region, and the nation.
The content of the educational programs sponsored by the UNMC Center for Continuing Education includes primary care, specialty and sub-specialty topics as well as other professional development activities.
Types of Activities
The UNMC Center for Continuing Education, sponsors a variety of activities including regularly scheduled series, courses, and enduring materials. The methods of instruction are varied to offer different types of learning experiences to appeal to diverse and individual learning styles and practice setting requirements. They include live conferences; interactive audio, video and electronic programs; web-based self-study materials, and simulation.
The Center for Continuing Education sponsors a range of educational activities for primary care and specialty physicians as well as other health care professionals, including faculty trainees and staff at UNMC and Nebraska Medicine.
Expected Results of the Program
The goal of the UNMC Center for Continuing Education is to improve the competence and performance of healthcare providers and, when possible, to improve patient outcomes. UNMC CCE is committed to assessing the impact of its programs through qualitative and quantitative methods.