Learn from Substance Use Disorder Experts!
What: ECHO (Extension for Community Healthcare Outcomes) is an opportunity for providers across the state to get specialist knowledge, clinical advice and recommendations from substance use and pain management specialists in a virtual learning network.
More about ECHO: ECHO uses videoconferencing technology to connect addiction and pain management specialists with providers to discuss de-identified cases related to substance use disorders. Each ECHO call consists of a brief didactic presentation followed by a clinical case discussion from a provider and recommendations from the team for treatment. For more information, visit https://echo.unm.edu/
- Improve compassionate patient-centered care with substance use disorder and pain management.
- Teach evidence-based principles for screening and treatment, harm reduction, stigma reduction, and compassionate patient centered care for substance use disorders and pain management.
- Early screening and recognition of pain and substance use disorders to aid in stigma reduction and early intervention.
- Develop self-efficacy for providers and assist in referrals for pain and substance use disorders.
- Provide tools and documented strategies for working with clients including medication, referrals, lifestyle changes, early intervention, and treatment.
The University of Nebraska Medical Center, Center for Continuing Education is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
The University of Nebraska Medical Center, Center for Continuing Education designates this live activity for a maximum of 1 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
The University of Nebraska Medical Center College of Nursing Continuing Nursing Education is accredited with distinction as a provider of continuing nursing education by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation. This activity is provided for 1.0 contact hour under ANCC criteria.
This project was supported in whole or part by the State Targeted Response to the Opioid Crisis Grant #1H79TI080263-01 from SAMHSA CSAT and Nebraska DHHS Division of Behavioral Health.