UNMC strives to create an environment of inclusion for all our faculty, staff and students. The Office of Equity furthers this principle by providing leadership in enhancing respectful, diverse and inclusive environments for the UNMC community. Our goal is to serve as a resource for the university and to ensure fair, equitable treatment and practices apply to all regardless of gender, age, race, ethnicity or sexual orientation.
The Office of Equity performs a variety of duties, such as:
- Compiling and interpreting data to identify patterns and trends in hiring and retention
- Identifying external career development and leadership training programs, in partnership with the Office of Faculty Development and the Director of Faculty Mentorship
- Reviewing and reporting on the current national and international literature on emerging trends related to equity and diversity
- Leading efforts to address observed inequities with appropriate interventions
- Recommending policy changes or improvements that promote greater diversity across all UNMC faculty ranks
The AAMC Diversity Engagement Survey was sent to faculty, staff and students at the beginning of 2015. Read the survey results.