How to Apply for Financial Aid
To apply for Financial Aid, follow the instructions below:
Complete the FAFSA. UNMC Title IV Code is 006895.
The UNMC Office of Financial Aid respectively requests that you/your parents file the FAFSA after you/they have submitted the 2013 U.S. 1040 Tax Return to the IRS. The priority deadline for filing the FAFSA is April 1st. If you/your parents cannot meet the April 1st deadline, because tax filing will be delayed, we will request your FAFSA be electronically corrected once taxes have been filed.
To assist us in our efforts to reduce the requests for verification documents, and costs to you for printing and mailing those verification documents, we sincerely appreciate your willingness to do the following:
1. File your 2013 U.S. 1040 Tax Returns at the earliest possible date.
2. Wait two (2) weeks before completing the FAFSA.
3. When completing the FAFSA, use the IRS Data Retrieval Tool. This tool allows you to pull in your 2013 tax information into the FAFSA. If you use this tool, you will reduce the likelihood of having to request IRS Tax Transcripts fo the federal verification process.
To be eligible for federal student financial aid you must:
- Be accepted as a regular student in a UNMC degree or certificate granting program.
- Be registered for at least half-time (6 hours-undergraduate, 4 hours-graduate) during each semester during the academic year. Correspondence courses do not count as eligible credit hours for financial aid. Enrollment at institutions other than the University of Nebraska do not count toward enrollment for financial aid at UNMC.
- Not be in default on any federal student loans, and not owe repayment on any federal student grants.
- You must be a U.S. citizen or eligible non-citizen.
Nebraska Undergraduate Grant/Scholarship Programs:
The COLLEGEBOUND NEBRASKA Program: This program is available to undergraduate Nebraska Residents demonstrating PELL GRANT eligibility. The deadline to apply for this program is April 1st. Your FAFSA data must be submitted on or before April 1st. FAFSA data dated after April 1st will not be considered for this funding. Please review this link to obtain more information.
All communications from UNMC Student Services will be sent to your UNMC Outlook account. To avoid any delays in communication, the offices of Financial Aid, Academic Records, and Student Accounts will send all communications to your unmc.edu address. It is your responsibility to review this unmc.edu account for important information.
If you have questions regarding the completion of the UNMC Application for Financial Aid and/or the FAFSA, please contact Crystal Quarterio.
FAFSA Corrections Required?
- 2013-2014 Student Fees
- 2013-2014 Tuition Rates
- Student Loan Interest Rates 2013/14
- Apply for Aid
- Types of Aid
Financial Aid Award Processing Tutorial
- Federal Verification
- Student Accounts
- Loan Processing
Financial Aid Forms
- Additional Information
Contact Financial Aid