Campus security is coordinated by the UNMC security department which has 41 uniformed officers.
Members of the UNMC security department are not armed. They conduct foot, vehicular, and bicycle patrols of the campus 24 hours a day in an effort to deter criminal acts. On campus, the UNMC security department enforces all University and The Nebraska Medical Center regulations and works very closely with the Omaha Police Department, county, state and federal authorities.
The Security Office can be contacted in the following ways:
- Phone: 402.559.4439 during regular business hours, Monday-Friday 8:00 am - 4:30 pm
- 24 hour emergency call - 402.559.5555. This is the equivalent of dialing "911".
- 24 hour dispatch - call 402.559.5111.
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
A security substation is located in University Hospital, Room 220.2
Members of the campus community are encouraged to make prompt and accurate reports to the UNMC Security Department and external law enforcement agencies.
The security office maintains a lost and found program.
Individuals finding personal property on UNMC/TNMC property should contact the security business office, 402.559.4439, at the earliest opportunity and make arrangements to turn over the found property to the security department.
- Found items and a lost and found log will be maintained in the security business office located in the Academic Research and Services Building, 4215 Emile Street.
- Every reasonable effort will be made by the security business office to identify and contact the owner of items turned in and return items to the owner.
- Meet the Chancellor
Vice Chancellor for Research
Vice Chancellor for Business & Finance
Vice Chancellor for External Affairs
Vice Chancellor for Academic Affairs
- Deans and Directors
- Campus Growth
- History & Mission
- Campus Security
- Campus Resources
- Policies and Procedures
- Final Action Report
Final Team Report
Criteria for Accreditation
- Data Resource Room
Task Forces and Teams
Vision, Mission and Values
Frequently Asked Questions
Campus Survey Results
- Self-study Report (PDF)
News and Publications
- Higher Learning Commission
- North Central Association