Associate Professor and Director, Service Learning Academy
University of Nebraska Medical Center
College of Public Health
Dr. Margalit's interests include professional and humanistic behavior in healthcare (including professionalism, provider-patient communication, patient-centered and relationship-centered care); the promotion of collaboration, teamwork and enhancement of quality care (with a focus on interprofessional education and service learning); and care for the underserved, reduction of health disparities, and integration of social justice into healthcare education and practice.
Her medical practice abroad includes participation in a primary health care project in rural Ghana, Africa with the World Health Organization.
Her current clinical service is at OneWorld community Health Center, and The Siena Francis Homeless Shelter clinic.
- ICE (integrated clinical experience) lectures: delivering bad News, Professionalism, for first and second year medical students.
- ICE small group facilitator.
- M4 Selective PSM-733, Patient- provider relationship and interprofessional care.
- Cultural competency and professionalism
- Interprofessional education - UNMC IPE days
- Multiple guest lectures
- Service Learning Experience- M2 ICE plus interprofessional students
- Peer and self assessment as a vehicle for professional development. Program in the Pediatrics
- Clerkship for third year medical students
- Email and telephone use in clinical practice. An experiential learning and assessment module - Family Medicine Clerkship for third year medical students
- EMET (Enhanced Medical Education Track) Care for the Underserved
- Fellowship - Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health, Baltimore - department of Social and Behavioral Science
- MD Hebrew University, Hadassah Medical School, Jerusalem, Israel, 1988-1992
- B Med Sc., Hebrew University Hadassah Medical School, Jerusalem, Israel, 1985-1988
- The Central Group on Education Affairs (CGEA) – AAMC
- The European Academy on Communication in Healthcare
- The American Academy on Communication in Healthcare
- The American Public Health Association
- Society of Teachers of Family Medicine (STFM)
- The Israeli Academy of Family Physicians
- The American Academy of Family Physicians
- Midwest consortium for Service Learning
- Community Campus Partnership of Health
- About Us
- GPPHLI Curriculum
986075 Nebraska Medical Center
Omaha, NE 68198-6075