2012 CEESP Participants
The following is a list of CEESP participants and descriptions of their 4 month summer research projects.
- Rachel Burkhart-"The Identification and Epidemiological Profile of Arab American Cancer Cases within the California, Detroit, and New Jersey SEER Registries "
- Mary Cooter-"Ethnic and Regional Differences of Cancer Incidence in Cyprus 1998-2007"
- Andy Gard-"Analysis of referral patterns from regional cervical cancer screening centers to Ocean Road Cancer Institute (ORCI), Dar es Salaam, Tanzania"
- Courtney Hanna-"Reliability of Medical Records in Identifying Inflammatory Breast Cancer and Locally Advanced Breast Cancer in a Case-Control study in North Africa " (Morocco and Tunisia)
- Lia Koski-"HIV and HIV-related Malignancies in Tanzania"
- Lindsay Miller-"Validating the cancer registry in Blantyre, Malawi"
- Ezinne Ndukwe-"Evaluating the cancer education and screening practices of female African Immigrants " (Washington, D.C. area)
- Emily Roen-"Cancer Incidence and Mortality Within Northern Michigan American Indian Populations"
- Sam Scherber-"Diagnostic, referral, and treatment patterns of breast cancer patients in Kumasi, Ghana"
- Kelly Hirko-"Characterizing Inflammatory Breast Cancer Occurrence among Arab-American women in the California, Detroit and New Jersey Surveillance, Epidemiology and End Results (SEER) Registries"
- Jennifer Schlichting-"Comparison of Early- to Later-Onset Breast Cancer in the Gharbiah, Egypt and US SEER Population-Based Cancer Registries"
- Graduate Programs
CEESP Project Timeline
- How to Apply
- International Internships 2013
- Domestic Internships 2013
- Summer 2012
- Summer 2011
- Summer 2010
- Summer 2009
- Summer 2008
- Summer 2007
- Summer 2006
- Affiliated Students