PharmD/MPH (Doctor of Pharmacy/Master of Public Health)
MPH Concentrations areas:
- Community - Oriented Primary Health
- Environmental and Occupational Health
- Health Policy
- Health Promotion
- Maternal and Child Health
- Public Health Administration
- Public Health Practice
- Social Marketing and Health Communication
The PharmD/MPH Program provides students with the knowledge, tools, and skills to enhance their pharmacy and public health practice in the community. The dual program curriculum consists of MPH core courses, MPH concentration courses, PharmD courses and PharmD clinical education. This program is designed to train students who wish to seek careers in state and local health departments, pharmaceutical industry, managed care organizations, and academia. Other anticipated audience may include students who are interested in both areas and wish to integrate their public health and pharmacy practice. Students in the dual degree program will be able to obtain both degrees in less time than completing the two degrees separately.
Pharmacists are increasingly becoming important members of inter-professional teams with other health professionals. In community settings, particularly small towns and urban neighborhoods, it is important for them to understand the public health needs/aspects of community residents. These may include racial, ethnic, economic, and social disparities in the population; understanding social networks, and local environmental conditions. Social marketing for health promotion to local residents is also important and the dual degreed prepared student will be better able to contribute to the well-being of the community.
- Total number of credit hours is 181.5. The dual degree is twenty five credits more than the current PharmD (156.5)
- The program of study for the PharmD/MPH dual degree program is 4 ½ years.
- The PharmD/MPH program demonstrates integrity in meeting the educational standards of both accrediting bodies, the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE) and the Council on Education for Public Health (CEPH) (MPH).
- The educational experience for students and curriculum content is equivalent to that which they would receive if pursuing each degree separately.
- The curriculum developed aims to prevent unnecessary duplication of content while also maintaining the integrity of each degree program.
- Certificate Programs
MS in Emergency Preparedness
- Master of Public Health
- MPH Dual Degree Programs
- PhD Programs
- Online Programs
- Service Learning Academy (SLA)
- Tuition and Financial Aid
UNMC College of Public Health
984359 Nebraska Medical Center
Omaha, NE. 68198-4359