The funding options available to students may include one or more of the following:
Students can choose from among a wide range of financial assistance options that include federal, state, institutional, and private sources of funds. To learn more about obtaining financial assistance as well as detailed information on each of these funding sources, please see the University's Financial Aid Office website.
Scholarships may be awarded based on need and/or merit and can vary in amounts and availability.
STUDENT EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITIES
UNMC students may have access to school-related employment through one or more of the following:
- Work-Study: Students certified by the Financial Aid Office as eligible for federally funded work-study can choose from a variety of part-time employment positions. Jobs are available in many offices throughout the University.
- Research Assistantship (RA): Departments offer research assistant positions on a limited basis. Students gain valuable experience working part-time on faculty-run research projects and receive a stipend and/or tuition assistance.
- Teaching Assistantship (TA): Some departments have teaching assistantship positions available to a limited number of students who have substantial preparation in their area of study. TAs provide part-time assistance to faculty members in instruction, grading, and/or course administration. Students receive a stipend and/or tuition assistance.
- Certificate Programs
MS in Emergency Preparedness
- Master of Public Health
- MPH Dual Degree Programs
- PhD Programs
- Online Programs
- Service Learning Academy (SLA)
- Tuition and Financial Aid