Admission to the College of Nursing is competitive and is based primarily on GPA of college/university course work and the total number of non-nursing courses successfully completed.
The UNMC College of Nursing offers:
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing - Traditional
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing - Accelerated
- Registered Nurse to Bachelor of Science in Nursing
Check application date and deadlines before applying.
- Students must meet University of Nebraska requirements for admission
- An overall GPA of at least 2.5 (on a 4.0 scale) is required for all non-nursing course work and all course work completed within the University system prior to admission. A course grade of "C" or above is needed for any courses required for the nursing degree.
- Two letters of reference
- A background check and a completed, signed disclosure statement
- In some cases, a personal interview may be required
- RN students must provide proof of licensure as a registered nurse
- Final acceptance is dependent on successful completion of all pre-requisite courses and evidence of proper immunizations and CPR certification for Health Professionals
- Students whose first language is not English
For applicants whose first language is not English, the Test of English as a Foreign language (TOEFL), the Pearson (PTE) OR the International English Language Testing System (IELTS) is required. Test results must be recent (within the 5 years prior to UNMC application). An official score report must be received by the campus to which you are applying by the admission deadline.
The minimum scoring standards are:
- Internet Based TOEFL (iBT): minimum score of 22 in the reading, listening and writing sections and a minimum score of 26 in the speaking section.
- Pearson Test of English (PTE): minimum score of 59 in the reading, listening, and writing sections and a minimum score of 71 in the speaking section.
- IELTS: Band 6.5 in Reading, Listening, and Writing sections and Band 7 in Speaking as minimum scores.
- Academic Programs Information Sessions
- Admissions Information
- Application Process
- Tuition/Financial Aid
- Grad Assist Application
- Online Education