Clients Served by the
Weigel Williamson Center
Anyone who is visually impaired is eligible to receive services at the Weigel Williamson Center for Visual Rehabilitation. The most common conditions causing low vision are macular degeneration, glaucoma, diabetic retinopathy, stroke and hereditary diseases such as retinitis pigmentosa.
Should you schedule an appointment?
If you are living with low vision, you should schedule an appointment:
- Are you having difficulty reading the newspaper, a book or your mail?
- Are you having difficulty performing routine household tasks?
- Are you having difficulty seeing the TV?
- Are you having difficulty recognizing a person across the room?
- Are you having difficulty seeing curbs and cracks in the sidewalk?
Low vision means that your vision is interfering with your ability to carry out daily activities and that your vision cannot be improved with regular glasses, medication or surgery.
If you are living with low vision, we offer hope and help.
Want to know more? Click here for some facts.