Here are some tips to go green and be environmentally friendly on Super Bowl Sunday:
- Make homemade dips, snacks and party food using localy grown ingredients. This will also eliminate packaging materials.
- Make your own pizza instead of ordering delivery. The stained pizza boxes can't be recycled.
- Send out invitations electronically.
- If purchasing a new television for the big game, buy an Energy Star certified television and don't forget to recycle the old television.
- Use compostable paper products.
- Use silverware instead of plastic ware.
- Serve filtered water in pitchers instead of buying bottled water.
- Make sure recycle bins are available.
- Decorate with old footballs and other sports gear. Reuse the next year.