Student Quick Start Guide
- UNMC Mobile will be available soon for iPhones and Androids! http://www.unmc.edu/mobile
- NetID and Password. Your UNMC NetID and password provides access to many campus systems such as email, CARE (Campus Recods); the campus network and Blackboard for online compliance courses. Do not share your IDs and passwords with anyone.
- Email on campus and on the Go. Email is available from the computer clusters, your laptop via the internet and on your mobile device. Up to two mobile devices may be connected.
- Information Security. Information security is everyone's responsibility.
- Always demonstrate professional conduct.
- Only access information required for your academics… “legitimate business need”
- Password protect and encrypt mobile devices.
- Report information security incidents to the ITS Helpdesk at 9-7700 (402-559-7700 from off-campus).
- Instant Messaging. UNMC uses Microsoft Lync for instant messaging. Everyone has access, but one-time setup is required. Download the Lync app for your mobile device.
- One Drive for Business. Everyone has access to UNMC’s One Drive for Business. This is a secured, HIPAA compliant cloud storage solution for your UNMC documents.
- Computing clusters and printing. Computers are available for student use and each student can print 500 pages per semester free.
- Software for Campus and Home. UNMC uses the Microsoft Office suite in the computing clusters and has discounted pricing is available for personal purchases.
Other Student Resources
- Blackboard Course Information
- Software Downloads (Antivirus, SAS, more)
- UNMC Campus Records (CARE)
- Univeristy Student Information System (Peoplesoft)
- McGoogan Library
- UNMC Intranet
- UNMC Internet
Adds, Moves, Changes (Phones/Computers)
Apple App Purchases
Blackboard Help & FAQ
Cell Phones, Smartphones
- Computer Clusters
- Education Technologies
File Transfers (large files)
Flash Drive Encryption
- IDS & Passwords
- Identity Management
- Mobile Devices
One Drive for Business
Operating Systems (Windows for PCs)
Prices & Fees
- Remote Access
Software for Work and Home
- Student Resources
- Telephones/Voice Mail
UNMC Alerts (Emergency Notification)
UNMC Mobile -- Get it Here
Reset Your NetID and Password
Setup Mobile Email
Know about Information Security
How to Encrypt a Flash Drive
Setup Instant Messaging
Use One Drive for Business
Computer Clusters (locations, hours, access and printing)
Use Software at Home