All members of the workforce must report information security incidents that have a real impact on the UNMC organization. An information security incident includes, but is not limited to the following events:
- Evidence of tampering with data;
- System is overloaded to the point it is not responsive (denial of service attack on the network);
- Web site defacement;
- Unauthorized access or repeated attempts at unauthorized access (from either internal or external sources);
- Social engineering incidents;
- Virus attacks which cause workstations or servers to be inoperable;
- Email which includes threats or material that could be considered harassment;
- Discovery of unauthorized or missing hardware or software in your area; and
- Other incidents that could undermine or raise concern about the stability or reliability of the UNMC information technology systems
Report information security incidents to the ITS Help Desk at 559-7700 who in turn will notify the ITS Security Officer or designee. You will be asked to fully cooperate with the ITS Information Security Officer in resolution of the issue.
The ITS Information Security Officer, in consultation with assistant vice chancellor of Information Technology Services, unit management, system administrator, Executive Director of Human Resources and the Office of the Vice President and General Counsel will determine if evidence should be preserved or if system should be repaired as soon as possible.
- Awareness Articles
Information Security Plan
Information Security Policies
Information Security Procedures
Homeland Security News & Events
- One Chart Compliance (21CFR Part 11)
Store IT Securely
Call 9-7700 to report an information security incident.