Outlook Email Setup for your iPhone / iPad
ITS utilizes Microsoft ActiveSync to access your Outlook email from your mobile device. You can have two devices synced (i.e. your iPhone and iPad, or Droid and iPad, etc.)
From your i-Device
- If this is the first e-mail account on this iPhone, iPad, or iTouch, tap Mail
- Otherwise, tap Settings > Mail, Contacts, Calendars > Add Account.
- Tap Microsoft Exchange.
- Tap in the E-mail box and enter your full e-mail address userID@unmc.edu
(for example, email@example.com).
- Tap in the Domain box
- UNMC employees enter unmc_domain
- UNMC Physician employees enter unmcphysicians
- Tap in the Username box and enter your NetID (same as your computer logon ~ for example, kstrohbe).
- Tap in the Password box and enter your password.
- Optionally, tap in the Description box and enter a short description for the account (for example, UNMC).
- Tap Next on the upper right corner of the screen.
- Tap in the Server box
- Server name as.unmc.edu
- Tap Next.
- Choose the type of information you want to synchronize. By default, Mail, Calendar, and Contacts are all turned on. To turn off synchronization for a type of information, tap and slide the switch to OFF.
- Tap Save.
- If you're prompted to create a new pass code, tap Continue and enter a numeric pass code. You'll need to enter the pass code twice.
Caution: If you tap Close, you'll need to configure your pass code in the iPhone Settings application before you can view your information on your iPhone.
- How to / Troubleshooting
- First Glance at Outlook
- First Time Setup
- Mobile Devices
Outlook 2011 (Macs)
Outlook Web App
Outlook Web App (Light)
- Outlook (Windows vs Mac)
Questions & Answers
Remote Access (Web Mail)
CD Rom Tutorials
Class Handouts & Recordings
- LearnIt Blog