Droid Setup for Outlook Email
Droid setup varies depending upon the provider, droid model and operating system. Microsoft ActiveSync does not work with all droids due to the unique differences between these devices.
However there are common elements that are generally required.
|Your email email@example.com|
|Password||Same password you use to log into Outlook|
UNMC Employees enter UNMC_domain
UNMC Physicians enter UNMCphysicians
TNMC Employees enter Olympus
|ID||Enter your Outlook ID (examples include kstrohbe or kim.strohbehn)|
|Certificates||check both use secure connection and accept all SSL certificates (not all Droids have this second option)|
|4 Digit Pin||
Forces 4 digit Pin, if this isn't already setup
|Troubleshooting||upgrade operating system|
This setup will enforce a 4 digit pin on your Droid device (If you don’t set this up you will see an error message indicating that account security settings must be updated). Steps may vary slightly depending upon your current operating system.
Sample Instructions (From Droid)
Using your Droid Phone ~ From your main screen
- Tap Menu icon => About Phone => System Upgrades
- Some devices will not allow an OS upgrade
- Tap Menu icon
- Tap settings => Accounts & Sync => Add account => Corporate
- Enter your full email address and network password (i.e. firstname.lastname@example.org; or userID@nebraskamed.com
- Enter domain
- UNMC Employees enter UNMC_domain
- TNMC Employees enter Olympus
- UNMC Physician Employees enter UNMCphysicians
- Enter Server
- UNMC Employees enter as.unmc.edu
- TNMC Employees enter as.nebraskamed.com
- UNMC Physician employees enter as.unmc.edu
- Check both the use secure connection and accept all SSL certificates
- Note if “accept all SSL certificates” is grayed out, you will need a OS upgrade (see #1 above)
- Tap Next
- Once your phone verifies the server settings, the options you can set up from the Account Options screen will include the following:
- Email checking frequency The default value is Automatic (push). When you select this option, email messages will be sent to your phone as they arrive. We recommend only selecting this option if you have an unlimited data plan.
- Amount to synchronize This is the amount of mail you want to keep on your mobile phone. You can choose from several length options, including One day, Three days, and One week.
- Notify me when email arrives If you select this option, your mobile phone will notify you when you receive a new email message.
- Sync contacts from this account If you select this option, your contacts will be synchronized between your phone and your account.
- Tap Next and then enter a name for this account and the name you want displayed when you send email to others.
- Tap Done to complete the email setup and start using your account.
Adds, Moves, Changes (Phones/Computers)
Apple App Purchases
Blackboard Help & FAQ
Cell Phones, Smartphones
- Computer Clusters
- Education Technologies
File Transfers (large files)
Flash Drive Encryption
- IDS & Passwords
- Identity Management
- Mobile Devices
- Office 365 and Office 365 ProPlus
Operating Systems (Windows for PCs)
Prices & Fees
- Remote Access
Software for Work and Home
- Student Resources
- Telephones/Voice Mail
UNMC Alerts (Emergency Notification)