Droid Setup for Outlook Email
Droid setup varies depending upon the provider, droid model and operating system. Microsoft ActiveSync does not work with all droids due to the unique differences between these devices.
However there are common elements that are generally required.
|Your email firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Password||Same password you use to log into Outlook|
UNMC Employees enter UNMC_domain
UNMC Physicians enter UNMCphysicians
|ID||Enter your Outlook ID (examples include kstrohbe or kim.strohbehn)|
|Certificates||check both use secure connection and accept all SSL certificates (not all Droids have this second option)|
|4 Digit Pin||
Forces 4 digit Pin, if this isn't already setup
|Known to Work With||
Droid 2.2.3 - Verizon
|Troubleshooting||upgrade operating system|
|Droid Apps||Some customers have reported success with a Droid App called TouchDown that can be downloaded and installed from the Android Market for a cost of $19. ITS has not tested and does not support this or any other Droid App, however this may be an options for some customers. Other Droid Apps may also be available. Customer assumes the cost of the App.
TouchDown comes with a free 30 day trial. https://market.android.com/details?id=com.nitrodesk.touchdownpro
This setup will enforce a 4 digit pin on your Droid device (If you don’t set this up you will see an error message indicating that account security settings must be updated). Steps may vary slightly depending upon your current operating system.
Sample Instructions (From Droid)
Using your Droid Phone ~ From your main screen
- Tap Menu icon => About Phone => System Upgrades
- Some devices will not allow an OS upgrade
- Tap Menu icon
- Tap settings => Accounts & Sync => Add account => Corporate
- Enter your full email address and network password (i.e. email@example.com)
- May not be the same as your current Lotus Notes
- Enter domain
- UNMC Employees enter UNMC_domain
- UNMC Physician Employees enter UNMCphysicians
- Enter Server Name as.unmc.edu
- Check both the use secure connection and accept all SSL certificates
- Note if “accept all SSL certificates” is grayed out, you will need a OS upgrade (see #1 above)
- Tap Next
- Once your phone verifies the server settings, the options you can set up from the Account Options screen will include the following:
- Email checking frequency The default value is Automatic (push). When you select this option, email messages will be sent to your phone as they arrive. We recommend only selecting this option if you have an unlimited data plan.
- Amount to synchronize This is the amount of mail you want to keep on your mobile phone. You can choose from several length options, including One day, Three days, and One week.
- Notify me when email arrives If you select this option, your mobile phone will notify you when you receive a new email message.
- Sync contacts from this account If you select this option, your contacts will be synchronized between your phone and your account.
- Tap Next and then enter a name for this account and the name you want displayed when you send email to others.
- Tap Done to complete the email setup and start using your account.
Clean up my email
- How to / Troubleshooting
- First Glance at Outlook
- First Time Setup
- Mobile Devices
Off Campus E-Mail Access
Outlook 2011 (Macs)
Outlook Web App
Outlook Web App (Light)
- Outlook (Windows vs Mac)
Questions & Answers
- Clean up my email
Class Handouts & Recordings
- LearnIt Blog