Omaha Area Information
Omaha is a growing city located in America's heartland. A metropolitan area of 700,000 with a low cost of living and low crime rate, it is a place of expanding industry and opportunity that has many things to offer both singles and growing families alike. Take a few moments to explore these links and find out why Omaha is a great place to live and work during your Pulmonary, Critical Care Medicine Fellowship Program
- Hampton Inn & Suites and Homewood Suites by Hilton Omaha UNMC Preferred Hotels 2014
- Element Omaha Midtown Crossing
- UNMC Campus Map
- City of Omaha. Link to the city of Omaha government page with information on the area's demographics, our local landmarks, and civic information.
- Douglas County Homepage. Link to our county website where you can find information on vehicle registration, voter registration, and other county resources.
- Nebraska Tourism Site. Explore the many exciting events and attractions that our wonderful state has to offer.
- Omaha World Herald. Our major newspaper with complete free online access. Also find various community links, classified ads, jobs, and housing links on this site.
- Visit Omaha Website. The official homepage of the Greater Omaha Convention and Visitor's Bureau. Find links to nearly every major attraction, hotel, event, and restaurant in the Omaha area.
- The Omaha Channel. A website maintained by KETV News with local information and news.
- Omaha Information from Cox.net. Local information provided by Cox Communications.
- Omaha Weather. Visit this link to see how the weather will be when you visit Omaha.
Omaha Area Attractions
From the annual NCAA College World Series and the Henry Doorly Zoo to the Strategic Air Command Museum and the Omaha Symphony, Omaha has something for people of all ages and walks of life.
- Fontenelle Forest. With over 26 miles of trails near the Missouri River, this forest has a lot to offer. You can see all types incredible flowers, plants, trees, birds, and deer, as well as numerous other animals and natural events in this beautiful forest!
- Joslyn Art Museum. As Nebraska's largest and most distinguished art museum, the Joslyn Art Museum offers a wide range of exhibitions, music, and educational programs.
- The Henry Doorly Zoo. See why so many people say this is the best zoo in the country! It is home to the famous Lied Jungle, Desert Dome, IMAX Theater, Hubbard Gorilla Valley, and many other exhibits. Zoo memberships are offered at discount prices to Internal Medicine residents and their family.
- Omaha Botanical Garden. The garden hosts thousands of visitors annually and consists of 100 acres designed to provide visitors an opportunity to view a variety of foliage, flowers and fruits of plants from around the world.
- Omaha's Old Market. Visit our historic Old Market, where you can find a number of unique shops, galleries, and restaurants.
- Omaha's Children Museum. The goal of this museum is to engage the imagination and create an excitement about learning through various exhibits, programs, and group learning opportunities.
- Centurylink Convention Center. This state-of-the-art arena is Nebraska's premier entertainment and sports venue and Omaha is a destination for many national tours. The convention center attracts thousands of visitors to Omaha each year. The arena is home to the Creighton Bluejays home basketball games, and pulmonary, critical care medicine fellows may have tickets available to them free of charge through the Internal Medicine department.
- Strategic Space and Air Museum. Visit this museum, affiliated with the Offutt Air Force Base, to learn about math, science, engineering, aviation, and space through traveling and permanent exhibits and educational programs.
- College World Series of Baseball. This exciting event comes to Omaha every June. Be sure not to miss your chance to attend one of these memorable games. See Dr. Piuqette if you are interested in attending.
- The Omaha Playhouse. Numerous acts perform here and are usually sold-out. Internal Medicine residents have free tickets available through the Internal Medicine department!
- The Omaha Symphony. From Beethoven to Bach, fantastic performances abound at the Omaha Symphony. The Orpheum Theater also hosts other concerts throughout the year.
- Wildlife Safari. A great drive-through adventure 29 miles from Omaha where you can discover North American animals just like Lewis and Clark saw on their journey hundreds of years ago!
Pulmonary and Critical Care Medicine Fellowship
Links of Interest to fellows
- Schedule/Program Goals & Objectives
- 2 Week Block Schedule
Fellows Continuity Clinic
Residents Lectures by Fellows
- Recruitment Information
- Sleep Medicine Fellowship
- Resident Education
- Student Education
- Patient Care
Allergy Patient Care
- Kristina Bailey Lab
Tricia LeVan Lab
Jill Poole Lab
- Stephen I. Rennard Lab
- Joseph H. Sisson Lab
- Todd A. Wyatt Lab
- Research Opportunities
Open Faculty Positions