Receiving Care At a Clinic other than UNMC Family Medicine
Some insurance plans require a referral from the Student Health Clinic before visiting any clinic besides UNMC Family Medicine (which is where the Student Health Clinic is located).
Any services not covered by Student Health Fund B must be filed with the student’s/dependent’s insurance plan:
- If you are insured through UNMC's endorsed student insurance plan (BCBS Student Blue Insurance), and have questions regarding a claim, please contact the Student Development Center at 402-559-7276.
- If you are not insured through BCBS Student Blue insurance, then the appropriate insurance company should be contacted to file a claim.
Please note the following:
- Approved referrals do not constitute or ensure automatic payment by the insurance company. The insurance company will pay for covered expenses only. If you are on the BCBS Student Blue insurance plan, find out what is covered by visiting www.nebraskablue.com/studentblue. If you are not on the BCBS Student Blue insurance plan, please contact your insurance company to inquire about coverage.
- If the student does not have a referral from Student Health before services are obtained, the entire cost of the visit and services rendered may be the student's personal responsibility.
- Sick or Injured?
Student Health Office
Clinic Location & Hours
- How to Schedule Appointments
- Fund B Information
- Required Immunizations
Blood & Body Fluid Exposure
Patient Rights & Responsibilities
Blue Cross Blue Shield Student Blue/Major Medical