- Low Vision Rehabilitation
- Macular Degeneration
- Use of magnifiers and telescopic lenses in daily activities
The Weigel Williamson Center for Visual Rehabilitation
- Medical School: Saint Louis University, 1990
- Residency: University of Chicago Hospitals, 1994
- Fellowship in Low Vision Rehabilitation: California Pacific Medical Center, 2006
Philosophy of Care:
Living with low vision is challenging. It is important to Dr. Shepherd to take the time to listen to his patients’ concerns about their vision loss. Our low vision house provides a relaxed environment where Dr. Shepherd can explore the quality and quantity of a patient’s remaining vision, and then determine the particular visual tools and training activities that each patient needs to maximize the use of their remaining vision.
Years of Practice:
Dr. Shepherd enjoys church activities and spending time with his wife and six children.
at 3902 Leavenworth Street (near campus)