- Macular Degeneration
- Retina & Vitreous Surgery
- Diabetic Retinopathy
- Retinopathy of Prematurity
- Genetic Diseases of the Retina
- Retinal Prosthesis Development
UNMC Physicians Eye Specialties
- Medical School (MD PhD program): Hebrew University, Jerusalem, Israel, 1983
- Residency: Hadassah University Hospital, Jerusalem, Israel, 1993
- Retina Research Fellowship: Johns Hopkins University, Baltimore MD, 1999
- Retina Clinical Fellowship: Johns Hopkins University, Baltimore MD, 2001
Philosophy of Care:
Dr. Margalit specializes in the clinical aspects of vitreoretinal surgery and medical treatment of retinal diseases. However, he also devotes a significant part of his time for research. He has a special interest in the treatment of retinal degenerative diseases by implantable electrical systems. He is also interested in clinical trials which study new treatments for diabetic retinopathy and age related macular degeneration. He believes it is important for physicians to be at the cutting edge of science in their specialty to provide the best care for their patients.
Years of Practice:
Outside work, Eyal and his wife Ruth spend most of their time raising 3 daughters. All family members hike, scuba dive and ski. He also flies small planes when he has free time.
at 3902 Leavenworth Street (near campus)