The International Division of Ophthalmology at the University of Nebraska Medical Center seeks to be a leader amongst ophthalmic institutions within the U.S. working to eradicate preventable and curable blindness in the developing world.
The Facts Tell our Story
- Every 5 seconds someone in the world goes blind
- An estimated 45 million people worldwide are blind
- 4 out of 5 are curable
- The leading cause of blindness worldwide is from cataracts
- 90% of the world’s blind live in the developing world
- Without action, world blindness is projected to double by the year 2020
Through an open exchange of knowledge and resources, the International Division partners and collaborates with domestic and International hospitals, health centers, universities, training centers, eye banks and non-governmental organizations who share our vision.
- International Division Fellowship
Opening Eyes Web Portal
Eye Care Delivery