Mission, Values and Vision
The mission of the University of Nebraska Medical Center College of Dentistry is to educate dental health professionals and to improve the health of the citizens of Nebraska and the region through excellence in research, patient care and outreach to underserved populations.
The College of Dentistry adheres to the following values and will:
- Emphasize quality and have high expectations for performance.
- Pursue excellence in an ethical manner.
- Foster an environment of learning and communication.
- Respect individuals for their cultures, contributions and points of view.
- Support the mission and vision of UNMC in the best interest of our customers.
- Promote individual accountability for organizational success.
The College of Dentistry will:
- Deliver state of the art dental care.
- Be a premier institution in the United States for educating dental health care professionals for practice and community leadership.
- Become nationally known for excellence in basic, clinical and translational research in biomaterials, bioregulation and cellular signaling in cancer.
- Utilize resources efficiently to provide an excellent education for students in a patient-centered comprehensive care clinical environment.
- Advance our commitment to community health and service to underserved populations.
- Embrace the richness of diversity to build unity.
- Create economic growth in Nebraska.