Dr. David G. Dunning
Department of Oral Biology
UNMC College of Dentistry
40th and Holdrege
Lincoln, NE 68583-0740
Telephone: (402) 472-1325
Fax: (402) 472-2551
- B.A. University Studies, University of Nebraska-Lincoln
- M.A. Communication Studies, University of Nebraska-Lincoln
- Ph.D. Communication Studies, University of Nebraska-Lincoln
- Course Director, Human Behavior (OB 581)
- Course Director, Practice Management (OB 610)
- Course Director, Practice Transition Seminar (OB 687)
Coordinator, Patient Management Competency
- Patient-Provider Communication
- Management in Dental Practice and Dental Education
- Design and Data Analysis
- D.G., Durham, T.M., Lange, B.M. and Aksu, M.N. Strategic management and organizational behavior in dental education: reflections on key issues in an environment of change. J Dent Ed 73(6):289-695, 2007.
- Dunning, D., Lange, B, and Madden, R. Compensating Associates for Supervising Dental Hygiene Production: A Discussion of an Often Taboo Topic. Dental Hypoth 2010 1:85-93.
- Dunning, D.G., Lange, B.M, Madden, R.D., Tacha, K. Prerequisites in Behavioral Science and Business: Opportunities for Dental Education. J Dent Ed 75(1):77-81, 2011.
- Dunning, D.G. Walking with dental students through the minefields of associateship opportunities. Dent Hypoth 2011; 2:83-86.
- Dunning, D.G. Associate to owner transition--when should a dental practice be valued? Dent Hypoth 2011; 2:113-117.
- Dunning, D.G. Introduction to the special issue on practice management. Dent Hypoth 2011;2:190-191.
- Lange B.M, Dunning, D.G. Qu, Wenyu. An Update on Practice Management Instruction in U.S. Dental Schools. Dent Hypoth (in press)
- Dunning, D.G., Anderson, P., Ellingson, D. A Preliminary Study on Staff Meetings as Viewed by Dental Hygienists. Dent Hypoth (in press)
- Aksu, M. and Dunning, D. Dental faculty and fourth year student attitudes on access to care and alternate workforce models in medicine and dentistry. J Dent Ed 74(2):157-8, 2010.
Dunning, D., Lange, B. Accuracy of student strategic plans in a dental management Simulation. J Dent Ed 75(2):223, 2011
- Faculty Advisor, Christian Medical & Dental Association
- Associate Editor, Health Communication
- Annual Speaker, Youth Energy Seminar, Nevada Rural Electric Association
- Facilitator, Practice Management Community of Interest, American Dental Education Association
- Member, Academic Advisory Board, The Next DDS
- Department of Adult Restorative Dentistry
Department of Dental Hygiene
- Department of Growth & Development
- Department of Oral Biology
- Department of Surgical Specialties