The UNMC College of Dentistry began its museum in 1977, under then Dean Richard E. Bradley. The museum collection represents the History of Dentistry in Nebraska, which began in the 1850's. The collection exhibits include:
- 5 period dental offices from the 1850's - 1930's
- A laboratory from the 1890's - 1900's
- Thousands of dental artifacts
The museum collection has grown to the point that there is not enough space to house it, so each year during homecoming in the fall, the museum is brought to life throughout the College in special displays. Dates and times for the 2013 exhibit are as follows:
Monday, September 30 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
Tuesday, October 1 8:00 a.m. to 9:00 p.m. (evening hours)
Wednesday, October 2 8:00 a.m. to 9:00 p.m. (evening hours)
Thursday, October 3 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
Friday, October 4 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
Saturday, October 5 8:00 a.m. to Noon
The museum is open to the public and admission is free. The curator of the museum, from 1977 to present is:
- Department of Adult Restorative Dentistry
Department of Dental Hygiene
- Department of Growth & Development
- Department of Oral Biology
- Department of Surgical Specialties