Completed by Region 3 Systems
Completed 1/2011 137 Responses
Shortages: Specializations (children, sex offenders), Entry Level, Psychiatrists, APRN’s, Dually-Credentialed Therapists
Retention Issues: Burnout/Compassion Fatigue/Vicarious Trauma, pay,
What could be done to improve retention?
- More frequent salary increases
- Burnout prevention
- Improve benefits
- Pay for continuing education
- Motivational Interviewing
- DBT and Strengthening Families Program
- Trauma-Informed Care
- Supervision/Management Training and Evidence-Based Culturally Competent Interventions for Rural Communities
- Principles of Recovery
- Basic Assessment of Substance Abuse and co-Occurring Disorders
Did your graduate program prepare you for the realities of practice in a real world setting?
Why would your agency have difficulty filling a position?
- Insufficient number of applicants that meet minimum qualifications
- Lack of interest in position (salary)
- Small applicant pool
- Lack of interest in working in rural location