Completed by NP-AHEC
Completed 3/2012 46 Responses
Shortages: Mid-Level Workers, Psychiatrists, Psychologists
Retention Issues: Burnout/Compassion Fatigue/Vicarious Trauma, Pay, Hours, Benefits, Large Caseloads, Managed Care, Required Documentation
What could be done to improve retention?
- More frequent salary increases
- Burnout prevention
- More supportive agency culture, More individual recognition/appreciation, Increase communication
- Pay for continuing Education
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy for Late Life Depression, TF-CBT
- Motivation Interviewing
- DBT, Motivational Enhancement Therapy
- CBT for Adolescents
- Trauma, Trauma-Informed Care, PTSD, Trauma Screening, Child Abuse, Domestic Violence, Sexual Assault, Bullying
- Substance Use Disorders and Co-Occurring Disorders
- Wellness, Resiliency, Vicarious Trauma, Stress Relief
- Children’s issues, Geriatric issues
Did your graduate program prepare you for the realities of practice in a real world setting?
Why would your agency have difficulty filling a position?
- Lack of interest in working in rural location
- Don’t Know
- Small applicant pool
- Insufficient number of applicants that meet minimum qualifications