The University of Nebraska Medical Center promotes occupational safety and health practices and strives to reduce work-related accidents and injuries through a formal injury and illness prevention plan. The program is built on the premise that each employee has the responsibility to: plan each job to assure proper safety equipment is available and used, know what actions to take in the event of emergencies, report any injuries or potential injuries and any unsafe conditions.
Call the Safety Operations office at 402.559.6944 if you have questions about a specific laboratory, facility or workplace concern.
Visit the Environmental Health & Safety Department web site for additional information.
Other important phone numbers are listed below:
- Biohazardous spill, cardiac arrest, emergencies, fire, gas odors/leaks, major radioactive spills - 402.559.5555 (campus "911")
- Fume hood/biological safety cabinet issues, building utilities/repair and maintenance, odor complaints - 402.559.4050 or email your concern.
- Needle sticks/body fluid exposures - 402.559.6824
- Poison Control Center - 402.955.5555 or 800-222-1222
- Radioactive spills (minor) - 402.559.6356 (during business hours)
- Safety questions (including lab sign updates) - 402.559.7315
- Security, threats or workplace violence - 402.559.5111
- Security business office - 402.559.4439
- Biosafety officer - 402.559.7774 (during business hours); after hours page 402.888.5588