After its last site visit, the Higher Learning Commission recommended 10 years of reaccreditation (2016 - 2017) for the University of Nebraska Medical Center. The Higher Learning Commission accredits UNMC as a whole, and HLC accreditation complements our many accreditations by specialized accrediting bodies.
The Higher Learning Commission also recommended approval for UNMC's request to expand distance education degree and degree completion programs. Read about the team's exit report.
The self-study report was designed to effectively tell the UNMC story and provide a thorough introduction to UNMC for the site visitors. UNMC's self study is available online.
Our guiding principle:
UNMC will benefit from its self-study for the Higher Learning Commission.
- Become even more learning-centered.
- Enhance our quality indicators.
- Strengthen strategic planning.
- Deepen our understanding of ourselves.
- Expand institutional data sets and analysis.
- Achieve reaccreditation with no qualifications.
- Future orientation
- Learning focus
- Connectedness to the community
- Distinctiveness of UNMC
UNMC enjoys full accreditation by the Higher Learning Commission and is a member of The North Central Association of Colleges and Schools. For more information, go to www.ncahigherlearningcommission.org